Sexual Slavery — Testimony And Defending Victims — Middle Eastern And Nigerian Women Enslaved
Please access the subtitles by clicking on “CC” in the Vimeo menu, available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese.
For two years, Marie, a 38-year-old Iraqi woman, was a sex slave and servant of soldiers. Sold and resold, defiled, tortured, raped by monsters from Iraq to Syria, she changed masters more than twelve times. This testimony is the heartbreaking story of a woman who wants to live. Who tries to escape, who fights, who resists and refuses to be broken. Marie died twice: when she was torn away from her family and when she returned to them. Today, she wants to forget, to rebuild this bruised body. After the horror, hope.
Today how to defend victims ?
The book which tells the terrible story of Marie, written by Sara Daniel and Benoît Kanabus, was published by Grasset & Fasquelle in January 2021.
You can access additional documents by clicking on the following link:
Links to download full text intervention in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese:
1. Opening Remarks by Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons
2. Alain Werner, Swiss lawyer and human rights defender, specializes in the defense of victims of armed conflict
3. Benoît Kanabus, Author, with Sara Daniel, of La Putain du Califat (ed. Grasset 2020)
4. Sara Daniel, journalist for the Nouvel Observateur, great reporter and specialist of the Middle East. Author, with Benoît Kanabus, of La Putain du Califat (published by Grasset 2020)
5. Benjamin Greer, Emergency Management Coordinator / Instructor, Office of the Governor of California, former Special Deputy Attorney General California. He develops Anti-Trafficking Trainings for Law Enforcement and Emergency Management Personnel for the California Office of Emergency Services. Present research focusing on international terrorist organizations and how they are tactically utilizing trafficking to support their criminal enterprises (Groups like Boko Haram, Islamic State and Al-Shabaab al have added trafficking as a financial component)
6. Sr. Patricia Ebegbulem, SSL, Responsible of a Shelter for Returned Victims of Trafficking, the Bakhita House in Lagos (Nigeria)
You can also access the video of this webinar available with translations in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese on the adlaudatosi website: adlaudatosi.org
The webinars are organized by the Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons with the Collège Universitaire Henry-Dunant, in cooperation with Sister Mirjam Beike, RGS, Representative at the UN in Geneva for the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd.
Please visit the following websites: